Serene Sojourn is a lovely, airy, two bedroom plus large loft home located close to the at the end of the no through road of Anderson Drive area of Hornby Island and across the road from the ocean. The home is a short five minute walk to public waterfront access at Geoduck Place, and a short drive or bike to the highly desirable Whaling Station Bay. For a family vacation home, this makes for an excellent location.
This home does not accept children under six as the deck is at some points 6 to 8 feet off the ground and although it has seats surrounding it there is no high railing. Children will love the yard, there is a mixture of grass and trees to explore and run. Parents can relax and watch the children play in the yard as they can be easily viewed from the deck. The home is on a 1/2 acre corner lot and is private and quiet.
On the main floor is an open living area with wrap around windows and two doors leading onto the deck. The full bathroom includes a toilet, sink and bathtub with handheld shower. There is also an outdoor shower in a private location at the back of the home. There is a view of the woods from inside, or the curtains can be closed for privacy. There are two bedrooms on the main floor, one has two singles that can come together for a king and the other bedroom has one queen size bed. Upstairs in the loft are three single beds.
There is water that is supplied by a well. The water is good for cooking, washing dishes, bathing etc. For drinking you will be supplied with five gallons of water. The water can be refilled from the Co-op Gas Bar dispenser. The home has a septic treatment system.
Serene Sojourn comes with:
- Close to waterfront access
- Full kitchen
- Two bedrooms on main floor and an open loft with three single beds
- Outdoor shower
- No tents, campers, trailers etc. permitted on the property.
- In keeping with Hornby Island water conservation there are no linens provided. Please bring your own sheets, pillowcases, towels, dishcloths.
- No smoking inside or outside is permitted anywhere on the property.
- This home does not have Internet. The owner has applied to have the fiber optic internet installed but at this time cannot guarantee that it will be installed by the summer of 2024.
- This home does permit one pet with approval by Wind and Waves for an additional fee of $100 per week.
High Season: $2750 per week.
Shoulder Season: $295 per night (minimum 3 night booking).
During the summer season, this is a weekly rental only with the check in and check out date on a Sunday.
In the shoulder season shorter rentals (minimum 3 days stay) are considered. The shoulder season runs from May 1 to mid-June and after the September long weekend to the end of September. A cleaning fee of $150 will be added to any rental less than one week.
CHECK IN CHECK OUT:
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
Applicable taxes are not included in the price and will be added at the time of booking.
50% payment is due at the time of booking.
Remaining balance due 60 days before arrival.
100% of paid prepayments refundable when canceled 60 days before arrival or earlier.
50% of paid prepayments are refundable when canceled 30 days before arrival or earlier.
0% refundable if cancelled after.