LITTLE RED BARN WELCOMES YOU
You feel relaxed the moment you arrive at the Little Red Barn in Sandpiper Estates. Your body relaxes as you take in the expansiveness of our tall trees and the calmness of island life. A clean, simple layout with a unique spiral staircase leading up to the loft area with 1 queen bed along with a full bedroom with two queen beds. The sliding doors on the main floor open up to a beautiful, newer 600 square foot deck with ample seating to enjoy a great BBQ or gaze up at the stars. There is ample outdoor space with a short 10 minute walk down to Sandpiper beach for some beach combing or jump in the water which is the warmest beach on Hornby by the way. If you enjoy mountain biking the 71 trails going up Mount Geoffrey are just a 5 minute bike ride away. Not to mention the lower trails all over the island which are great for young and older families to ride.
Island Amenities & Attractions:
Many fabulous beaches near by:
Sandpiper Beach (10 min walk just down the road)
-our favourite swimming hole and beachcombing area
Big Tribune Bay (5 min drive)
-largest beach on Hornby Island
Whaling Station (10 min drive)
-great place to go with the kids, family oriented
- Helliwell Bluffs (trails and hiking)
- Ford’s Cove (great hike at low tide & fantastic swimming hole at high tide)
- Co-op and Ringside (grocery store and market)
- Island Spirits Distilery (Gin & Vodka Distilery)
- 4 Wineries
- Mount Geoffery (trails, hiking and mountain biking)
- Grassy Point (great sunsets!)
- Mountain Biking is everywhere (island has it’s own mtn bike shop!)
- Free Store & Recycling/Garbage Depot (open Thursday to Sunday)
- Farmers Market (every Wed & Sat in the summertime)
- Folk Music Festival (end of July to early August)
- Sea Breeze Lodge (nice place to eat if you don’t want to cook or BBQ)
- Thatch Pub (great little pub at the ferry terminal in Shingle Spit)
- Cardboard House Bakery and Pizza (the best Pizza around with music in the summertime)
- Yoga & Pilates (Yoga down the road at Sandpiper Beach & Pilates across the street!
$1,500 per week in July & August plus 8% PST.
$1,200 per week May, June & September plus 8% PST.
Rented weekly Thursday to Thursday for June to Sept.
Check In: 4pm on check in day
Check Out: 10am on check out day
- Full Kitchen
- Wood Stove
- Flat screen TV + DVD Collection + LP Collection & Record Player
- Washer & Dryer
- 3 Piece Bathroom with Claw Foot Tub
- NEW 600 sqft cedar deck
- Bike Storage Area