Acre on the Waterfront
A magical place to experience the ever-changing colours and scenery of sea and sky. Watch birds, boats and sea life on the bay, hear the sea lions and eagles calling and be in awe of spectacular sun and moon rises. Paradise.
Enjoy this park-like, south-facing, enchanting waterfront property overlooking Tribune Bay, Helliwell Park and coastal mountains. Our private beach access is a short stroll to Little Trib and walking distance to Big Tribune and Sandpiper beaches and to the Coop corner.
This true Hornby style 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house has a unique arch theme with high ceilings, captivating details, hardwood floors and beach log beams. Craftsmanship displayed at its best. Every room has spectacular views.
- Open concept dining room, living room with large sky light
- Bedroom with queen size bed, full closet and chest of drawers. South-east facing panorama views with private outside sitting area
- Bedroom/den with double futon bed/couch, full closet, skylight and large picture window overlooking back gardens
- Bathroom with shower
- Laundry facilities with large sink
- Master bedroom suite with king-size bed, full closet and double built-in chest of drawers, south-east facing panorama views with vaulted ceiling and large new skylight
- Bathing area with shower, dry heat sauna and large Jacuzzi bathtub overlooking Tribune Bay
- Separate ensuite
- Sitting nook with skylight for curling up and reading a good book
- Fully equipped kitchen with all large and small appliances
- Wireless internet, landline for local calls
- Kitchen towels, bed pillows and blankets are provided. Bed linens, bath, hand and beach towels are NOT provided.
- Washer/dryer available for weekly rentals only, please use outside clothesline when able
- Games, puzzles, books for adults and children
- Napoleon BBQ (June to September)
- Pack and play and booster seat available for young children
- Large screen tv, dvd player, (NO cable)
- CD player and radio
- Outdoor seating and dining areas (June to September)
- Large outdoor fire pit area (fires when allowed), chopped onsite wood is not available for use
- Dry heat sauna not available summer months
- Wood burning stove and fireplace with limited wood supply not available summer months
- Your cabin is magical. The bright sunrise floods each room for hours every morning. It invigorates the soul.
- As soon as we pulled up we were thrilled by this hidden gem! Set back on a beautiful piece of property the home is stylishly decorated, clean, comfortable and has amazing views from almost every room. The family room wood stove and outdoor fire pit (overlooking the ocean) make it a great winter getaway as well. We will be back soon!
- Jane’s place is great! No cookie-cutter was used in the design of this place. The result is a really warm and inviting space surrounded by truly beautiful views.
- We had everything we needed and we could feel the “well lived and loved” appeal of this welcoming home. We loved it! The views, the beaches, the hikes, the eagles … the outdoor fire pit, the blueberry pie recipe, the bouquet of flowers that greeted us, the wonderfully equipped kitchen, the books, and all the other great little touches. We would love to do it all over again. A wonderful memory for us. A very magical place!
- The place is amazing, stellar ocean views and exactly what you want in a getaway to Hornby Island.”
- Fantastic stay on Hornby Island! Loved this beautiful home. It was perfect for our little group and quite kid-friendly. Would definitely come back.
Notes: Sorry no dogs allowed.
Our waterfront access may not be suitable for young children and the elderly. There is a public path to the water one property over to the north.
We are on a mid bank property so young children should be well supervised when in the front yard. The large back yard is flat and sunny for play.
No large group events.
July and August: $4200. per week
June and after September 8th: $3000. per week
September 1-8: $3400. per week
May: $2800. per week, $450 per night
Other periods: Please email if interested
A $100. clean fee will be charged on all rentals less that one week. An 8% Provincial sales tax and 3% Municipal & Regional District tax will be charged on all rentals.
Payment: A 50% deposit is due upon reservation. The balance is due 1 month prior to your arrival. Deposit is refundable within 3 weeks of your arrival if we are able to rebook the same time period minus $150. admin fee. Payment by interac bank transfer or mailed personal cheque.
check in time is 4 p.m. AND CHECK OUT TIME IS 10:30 a.m.
These times may be flexible except during the summer months. Please note that advertised rates are subject to change without notice.