WELCOME TO RAVENDOOR COTTAGE
Ravendoor cottage is tucked beside a giant cedar tree on a lovely sunny ½ acre lot. It’s just a five minute stroll to the tidal pools and glorious sunsets at Grassy Point. This delightful, family friendly, cottage is ideal for two – six people or two small families (up to 8 people max). Providing all the comforts of home, for easy holiday living, Ravendoor cottage has: a newly remodeled kitchen, a 4 piece bathroom, a cozy living room and a bedroom with a queen size bed, bamboo floors throughout and a deck with BBQ, all on the main floor. Upstairs offers three semi-private sleeping arrangements; the southwest end boasts a great balcony (perfect for morning coffee) and has a double bed. A half wall separates this end from the centre sleeping area which has two twin beds and plenty of play space for kids. The far end room has a double bed and looks out to the peaceful forest at the back of the property.
To keep warm on cooler evenings there is a woodstove with a good supply of dry wood.
*Please note* the steep stairs may prove an issue for families with very young children.
- Guests are asked to please share in the stewardship of Hornby Island; practice water conservation, composting, and the 3R’s: reducing, reusing, and recycling.
- Pets are by permission only; please speak with us to determine acceptability.
- Ravendoor Cottage is smoke free.
- Tents and campers are not permitted on the property.
- After 10pm please practice peace and quiet.
- Please bring your own linen and towels (pillow slips, sheets, bath & beach towels and tea towels)
- Bed sizes: 1 queen, 2 doubles, 2 singles
- Great drinking water.
- The booking calendar is updated upon confirmation of bookings, so please contact us for current availability.
- No laundry facilities available
- Water conservation required – usage monitored and if using over 500 gallons per week, you will need to cover the $100 cost of a 500 gallon water delivery
- Hornby Island is a Water Conservation Zone. This means that all residents voluntarily do their utmost to conserve our precious and limited water resources. Please help out by limiting your water use. If you bring a large group – 7 to 8 people – we will ask you to pay a $50 surcharge per week
$1,450 per week in July and August .
$1,200 per week in June and September.
a/o Oct. 1, 2018 – All rentals are subject to 8% PST charge.
Check-in is Sunday at 4pm, check-out is Sunday at 11am.
A deposit of 50% will secure your reservation, with the balance being due by June 1st. In the case of cancellation, the rental fee less 10% will be refunded in full if your week can be successfully rebooked. If we are not able to rebook, you will be refunded all but 20% of the rental fee. There will be no refunds 15 days or closer to the date of arrival.
In lieu of a damage deposit, we have a philosophy that “if you break it, you agree to help replace it”.
- Kitchen: electric stove, full size fridge, coffee maker, coffee grinder, blender, microwave, cooking and baking utensils.
- Living Room: Woodstove, television/DVD player for movies, stereo.
- Outdoor: BBQ, Patio table and chairs