What our guests are saying …
“We’re all settled in and had a wonderful night. We love the house and the location. Everything is perfect. It’s so peaceful. I’d forgotten what crickets sound like” p.m.
“In heaven. Just amazing. Exactly what we needed. This place is spectacular” h.n.
“Your home is lovely. From the concrete floors, to the artwork, to the linen, to the touches of metal, the reclaimed wood … a.j.
Our butterhouse is situated on idyllic Ostby Road, home to renowned artists, picturesque farmhouses and pasture land. The location is ideal. It is a short walk from both the village centre and Tribune Bay Beach. This newly built home was designed to blur the line between indoor and outdoor living. 1,500 ft.² on one level, the open plan and heated concrete floor provide plenty of room to entertain without sacrificing thoughtfully appointed bedrooms and spacious bath with a gorgeous outdoor shower.
butterhouse has 3 bedrooms, housing 2 queen size beds and 2 double beds. Quilts and pillows are clean and new with both cotton and linen covers fresh from the clothesline.
Skylights and oversized windows flood the south-facing house with natural light. A 24-foot grape arbour provides a shady retreat where you can dine outside at the 16’ Harvest Table and twinkle lights surround the outdoor propane fireplace sitting area. This is a gorgeous sanctuary in which to relax after your Hornby summer day.
* New Weber BBQ
* Propane fireplace sitting area
* Outdoor Teak breakfast table
* 16’ Harvest Dining table
* Steps away from Happy Hour at the Sea Breeze Inn and a trail walk to Tribune Bay and the Co-op Store
* Kitchen has Bodum for coffee, grinder and electric kettle
* Propane cook top, new Kitchen Aid oven, dishwasher,
* Denby dinnerware and Paderno cutlery
* UV filtered water throughout house with low to no sulphuric water.
* Strict no pet policy
* Bose Sound System
* Shed for Bike lockup
* Please take all garbage and recycling with you
* Due to water conservation we are unable to offer laundry facilities to our guests.
* We ask that you bring top and bottom sheets. We do however provide freshly laundered linen duvet covers and pillow cases from the clothes line.
* Please bring your own towels of all kinds.
* We provide kitchen linens, and basic cooking amenities
* Hardwired Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Please note that owners reside on the property in a separate cabin away from your rental area.
We are highly sensitive to your need for privacy. With that in mind, the landscaping is new and young trees require watering. The owners will need to access the picket/deer fenced garden area to water on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2-3pm or at a time of your choosing.
$2,950 per week July/August/September; 1-week min.
50% deposit at time of booking, balance, 8% PST plus 3% MRDT and $500 damage deposit due June 1st. $150.00 gifted back to you if you leave the property as you found it. Damage deposit is fully refundable if no extraneous damage to property.
Adult Oriented Maximum occupancy 2-4 persons
Fri-Fri Check in after 3:30pm Checkout before 11 am.