Situated on idyllic Ostby Road, home to renowned artists, picturesque farmhouses and pasture land, the long driveway provides time to take in the pastures on your approach to “butterhouse”. This newly built home was designed to blur the line between indoor and outdoor living. 1500 ft.² on one level, the open plan and heated concrete floor provide plenty of room to entertain without sacrificing thoughtfully appointed bedroom sanctuaries and spacious bath. Skylights and oversized windows flood the south-facing house with natural light. Want a break from the sun, a 24-foot grape arbour provides a shady retreat or lounge under the fragrant Wisteria Arbour – your choice.
A farm style kitchen and large island make cooking fun. Enjoy your creations inside at the dining table or outside at the 16-foot harvest table. Rustic beams frame the stonewalled booth too cozy to leave. After dinner, comfy linen couches draw you to the Rumford fireplace for all the ambience you can imagine. Two sets of double doors lead you onto a cement patio which holds the summer heat into the evening. Step off the patio onto a cooling lawn-perfect for bocce-bordered by garden, all framing a rustic flavoured outdoor kitchen complete with pizza oven, small bbq and a propane fire sitting area to make your search for shooting stars comfortable until late.
* Blankets for outdoor use provided
* Steps from Happy Hour at the Sea Breeze Inn and a trail walk to Tribune Bay and The Coop Store
* Due to water conservation, we are unable to offer laundry facilities to guests. We ask you to bring your own towels and top and bottom sheets for four beds.
* we provide down duvets covered with fresh linens, feather pillows with pillow slips fresh from the clothesline and all linens required for kitchen use.
* Kitchen has all of the basic amenities, small appliances, farmhouse kitchen sink, five burner propane stovetop, Kitchen Aid electric oven, quality dinnerware, wine glasses, and cutlery for your enjoyment.
* UV filtered water throughout house. Non-sulphuric water.
* Strict no pet policy
* Outdoor kitchen with Pizza Oven/ Propane heated sitting area/ Outdoor Dining Table
* Bose Sound System
* Apple TV
* Shed for Bike lockup
* guests responsible for taking own garbage
* we will do recycling
* Hardwired Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
* Please note that owners reside on the property in a separate cabin away from your rental site. Given that we are a family, who, for years vacationed on Hornby before moving here full time, we are highly sensitive to your need for privacy. With that in mind, the landscaping is new and young trees are to require watering. The owners will need to access the outside/deer fenced area to water on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2-3pm.
$2,800 per week July/August, 1-week minimum
$2,200 per week June/Sept
$1,900 per week May. Or $400 per night 3 night minimum May and June
50% deposit and signed agreement due at time of booking. Dates are secured after deposit received. Balance, PST, and $500 damage deposit are due May 1st. Damage deposit is fully refundable if no extraneous damage to property. $100 gifted if you leave the property as you found it.
Adult Oriented Maximum occupancy 4-6 persons
Strict No Pet policy
Sat-Sat Check in after 3:30pm Checkout before 11 am.