$1,300 per week, Check-in is at 4pm on Sunday, check-out at 11am Sunday
One half of the rental fee is due at time of booking, with the balance due 3 weeks prior to arrival. In case of cancellation, we will refund 90% of the total fee up to 2 weeks prior to the day of arrival if we are able to re-book. Payment can be made by E transfer or check, please contact owner. A $500 cleaning/security deposit is required at least two weeks before arrival and can be paid in a similar manner. This will be refunded within 1 week after departure.
The cabin is located on a 4-acre property, “kitty corner” from the Coop and across the street from the gas bar. This is Downtown Hornby and located a short walk to Tribune Bay. Also, located on the property is the new Hornby Island Bakery and Pizzeria and smoked meat sandwich shack. The cabin is located in the back corner of the property, far from the businesses and street to ensure privacy. There are two trailers stored on the property; these are not rented, just stored.
This cabin was built in 2015 and constructed with all pine interior walls and ceiling, that are insulated. Large picture windows and skylights provide ample daytime lighting, and there is exterior lighting on the outside eaves of the cabin. Water is from an onsite well that can be used for washing, rinsing, and any non-potable purposes. Drinking water is from the special tap on the sink from the reverse osmosis system that also supplies the ice cubes. Water can be purchased from the dispenser on the backside of the gas bar and dispensed into the 5-gallon jugs stored in the cabin.
A large lawn area surrounds the cabin and allows guests to spread out and seek their own private, shaded area to rest. Vehicles can be parked anywhere on the grass. There are two outside hose taps with hoses that can be used to rinse beach equipment. We ask that there is no loud music or noise occurring in the evening that might disturb any neighbor. Enjoy the many natural scenic wonders of Hornby Island and visit the many vendors that display their arts and crafts. Don’t forget to bring your mountain bikes for the trails on Mt. Geoffrey.
– You are required to bring your own sheets and towels, these can be supplied for an extra $100
– There are no dogs/cats permitted on the property or in the house
– No smoking of any kind is permitted in the house or within 50 feet of any structure on the property.
– Please remove all trash and food when you leave
– 1 bedroom with ½ bath and queen size bed, ceiling fan
– There is a self-inflating queen bed that is used in living room
– Full bathroom with large shower and hot water tank
– Blankets, pillows and comforters
– Electric Heating with wall fans
– Fire Extinguishers and smoke detectors
– Fridge/freezer with ice maker, combo microwave/convection oven and dishwasher
– Dishes and cutlery, pots and pans, coffee maker, toaster, bullet blender, kettle
– Reverse osmosis water treatment unit for potable water at sink and ice cubes
– 18’x 16’ raised deck
– Outdoor Fire Pit, there is some wood on the property to use in the pit (check with local fire department http://hifd.org/ before starting a fire)
– Large lawn area, apple orchard, and lots of deer visits
– Propane barbeque